Our complete guide to the year’s biggest trends in beauty. Take charge with pink’s new attitude, go all the way with eyeliner and master the runway’s natural, luminous complexion.
TREND 1: Pink, Pink, Pink
It’s official pink has stormed the beauty and fashion establishments as the colour of the year. This new wave of pink lips, cheeks and nails is charged with edgy elegance and allure.
- Stila Convertible Colour in Petunia $40
- New Limited Edition Nars Illuminator in Adelaide $48
- New Limited Edition Nars Final Cut Satin Lip Pencils Collection $39 each
- Mecca Cosmetica Nail Colours in Timandra, New Acid Pink, New Fuchsia, Madeline $22 each
TREND 2: Eyes and Brows – Go Big, Go Bold
Juxtaposing pink’s feminine feel we welcome a bold new year for eyes and brows. Previewed at Erdem, Rodarte and Marc Jacobs, this trend calls for graphic eyeliner (applied in multiple ways) and defined confident brows.
- By Terry Ombre Blackstar in New Matte Black $62
- Nars Eyeliner in Kaliste $36
- By Terry Kohl Terrybly in New Royal Navy and Emerald Evasion $48
TREND 3: Bare, Bright, Luminous Skin
Natural skin and luminous highlights continue to dominate the runways in 2018. This trend is in perfect keeping with fashion’s focus on ladylike elegance. For a more sheer, natural glow opt for tinted moisturisers and liquid illuminators, or for more coverage use a illuminating foundation or mineral foundation and finish with light diffusing finishing pressed powders to correct imperfections.
- By Terry Light Expert $89
- bareMinerals Original SPF 15 Foundation $34.95
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light $62
- bareMinerals Mineral Veil $26.95
Read more about beauty, trends in beauty, useful tips and tricks in our next articles. Leave your comments below and share your opinion with us! It is very important for us!